And here are the 7 things you guys did not know about me - I'm going to try and keep it short.
1. I'm an obsessed NCIS fan. I think I'm in love with Gibbs but my husband is ok with it as he knows it can always be just one-way love!
2. I laugh like the evil sea queen Ursula and I scream like a crazy woman when I'm on a roller coaster!
3. When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up and be a candy store clerk..coz I thought that was the coolest job with free access to all the candy in the world.Talk about ambitions!
4. I multitask all the time. With everything I do, I do one other thing!
5. I yawn when I talk on the phone - my sister hates it and always complains! But, it does not matter even if I'm fresh or its the middle of the day - when I talk on the phone, I yawn! Its a syndrome - my own.
6. I'm a gadget freak - be it electronic or kitchen gadgets! I prefer gadgets to roses!
7. And finally - one of these days - I will get a tattoo. Really.
And from me to you - I would like to pass these awards to all these wonderful bloggers below -
Sashi of Sashi's Recipes
Cilantro of Cilantro
Nirmala of Amma's kitchen
Satya and Sridhar of Samayal Corner
Kajal of KajalDreams
Asha of Foodie's Hope
Prajusha of ICook IPost
You all have wonderful blogs and here's to appreciate that! Congratulations and keep up the great work!
Now moving on to the recipe for this post!
This is one of our favorite meals at home. A simple tortilla wrap with assorted vegetables and a simple tomato based mexican rice to go with it.
There are many ways to make mexican rice - this is of course a vegetarian version and a quick version too.
To get the rice ready, wash about 2 cups of rice and set aside.
In a blender, blend about 3 chopped tomatoes, a few small pieces of either jalapeno or green chillies - adjust to your heat tolerance.
In a sauce pan, saute some finely chopped onions, finely chopped bell peppers ( about 1/2 cup of each). Add a 1/4 cup of frozen corn and saute for a min.
Add the washed rice to this and mix well. Now, turn down to heat to medium or low-medium.
Pour all of the blended tomato paste in the rice. Mix JUST ONCE so that the paste gets to the bottom of the pan. The reason is, when not mixed, there is this nice texture to the rice, where some parts of the rice has a concentration of the tomato paste and that somehow makes the rice very tasty!
Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 20 mins. If you have a lid with a glass cover, use that so that you can look at the rice to see if its done. If not, that's fine - but try not to open the pan many times or you will be letting all the steam out! Once its cooked for 20 mins, switch off the stove and let it sit. Do not open it yet. Let it sit in the steam for about 10 mins. When cooled down, open and smile your broadest smile possible!
Check out the cooked rice below.
Now, for the wrap - saute any vegetable you like - I used Onions, bell peppers, carrots, broccoli and zucchinis. Saute each vegetable separately for about a min or so and then mix them all together.
I got some tomato basil tortillas from the market. Heat up for a few secs on a griddle. Add a little bit of grated cheese on top and heat till slightly melted.
Add the veggies to the center.
Add some iceberg lettuce on top if you have it.
There's my wrap and the wonderful tasty mexican rice. This rice is so full of flavor that you can have just that as a meal!
Enjoy. Peace out!